A Virtual CIO Understands Business – Not just Technology
MDW Consulting starts by understanding your key business drivers and business objectives. What are the key success metrics? Are there time constraints? We also want to learn about your technical limitations and requirements. Our Virtual CIO consultants bring the all-important “operating experience” of a Managed Service Provider providing 24×7 global support for more than 2,700 clients and thousands of devices.
- Are you required to implement cost reductive measures?
- Are you anticipating expansion challenges?
- Do you need to adhere to changing compliance regulations?
- Are you merging or need to administer multiple IT operating environments?
- Do you need better alignment between business objectives and IT infrastructure requirements?
- Are you coping improve business to processes and productivity?
- Are there dependencies on legacy applications or legacy operating systems?
- What workloads should be cloud-based?
- Are there licensing restrictions, like from Oracle, or Microsoft licenses that don’t have mobility rights?
- Are there warranty or support agreement renewals?
- Are there unique latency requirements?
- What about hardware lease end dates or capital depreciation schedules?
- Does your data require secure or dedicated high-speed connections?
- How do governance and authentication work?
- Do you need to quickly scale IT infrastructure or make seasonal IT changes?
As a Managed Service Provider, unlike “pure” IT consulting companies, we understand the “operational” characteristics of multiple IT platforms, monitoring tools, and devices. At MDW Consulting, we provide forward-thinking Virtual CIO consulting focused on leveraging technology to increase business performance.
MDW Consulting Virtual CIO; Executive IT Leadership
The MDW Consulting Virtual CIO consulting service provides a senior executive that serves as a CIO and IT advisor to your business. The MDW Consulting Virtual CIO will possess a technical background and be familiar with a broad range of IT platforms and technologies but will be looking to apply technology solutions enabling you to reach your business objectives. Get the benefit of having someone that brings years of experience operating in diverse IT environments to your business without having to pay for a full-time senior IT executive.
- Our virtual CIO will ask “business” questions to help formulate IT recommendations. We want to understand your cash flow, marketing performance, sales results, profit drivers and competitive landscape.
- Our virtual CIO consulting services will determine your IT “state of IT maturity” (Assessing your IT Maturity Part 1, Assessing your IT Maturity Part 2) and align your business objectives with your IT environment so you can drive the value, you paid for, out of your IT infrastructure.
- Our virtual CIO will be able to assist you in your client servicing issues, increasing sales revenue and organizing your company’s structure and processes.
We will ask thought-provoking questions to discover unseen opportunities and areas for improvement.
Our progressive solutions facilitate improved business results, taking a customer-first approach in everything we do. Our Virtual CIO recommendations will leave you informed and ready to make the right choices at a cost that fits your budget.
6 Things to Look for in a Virtual CIO
Many executives are looking for “partners” to provide advice and recommendations regarding the correlation between their business objectives and the operation and management of their IT infrastructure. MDW Consulting Virtual CIO consultants understand this relationship and can provide reality-based recommendations along with a framework to measure improvements for both IT performance and business results.
Our Virtual CIO’s understand the characteristics needed to deliver value to our clients:
- Agility: A Virtual CIO that can move fast when they need to go quickly and change direction if needed.
- Customization: A Virtual CIO that understands different technology approaches needed to meet specific business requirements.
- IT Skills: A professional, well-trained business executive familiar with running a business and achieving results.
- Leadership and Advisory Services: A Virtual CIO that can participate in Board level meetings to correlate business goals and objectives with IT strategy and tactics.
- Experience: A record of past performance, competency, and satisfied clients.
- Customer Service: A principal component of their business model.